Learning Objectives Reflection

This post relates directly to my initial learning objectives for this class.

Through practice with the graphic standards, I think I’ve been able to foster a better understanding of how design elements affect the overall aesthetic and perception. I’ve been able to experiment and see from my peers’ work that small changes in factors like line weight lend significantly to the overall composition.

I don’t feel that I have a better understanding of how design affects human psychology in theory but it’s something I have become more aware of through this class.

I don’t think I’ve learned how marketing for arts organizations differs to that of other organizations, outside of the idea that they are trying to convey a different mission. This is true for all sectors.

I think I’ve developed a much stronger understanding of raster and vector graphics. I’ve gained a stronger familiarity with Illustrator and have become familiar with a new software, Affinity Designer. I feel much better equipped to work with vector graphics software in the future.

I wish I had engaged more in the theory of media and communications. I think my learning has leaned heavily on the technical side. I don’t recognize a growth in knowledge pertaining to ethical considerations in communications or the communicative nuances between various media types.