- University of Oregon Graduate 2005, MS, Organic Chemistry studied with PI- Professor Darren Johnson
- Senior Genetic Analysis Sales Professional, Thermo Fisher Scientific
Sara is a Senior Sales Professional at Thermo Fisher Scientific, she is based in the Austin, Texas region. She believes: When we work together, your goals become mine. I am intentional with my thoughts and actions to communicate in a caring, strategic and intelligent manner with you. I have an owner’s mentality and that’s your assurance that I won’t stop until you tell me “Job well done!”
Sara strives to fulfill her passion for people and driving science forward through her role within the Life Sciences Commercial Sales Team at Thermo Fisher Scientific. She currently selling the Genetic Analysis portfolio of platforms including Next Generation Sequencing (Ion torrent), Real-Rime PCR and Capillary Electrophoresis Sequencing Systems (Applied Biosystems), engaging with her customers to assist them to accomplish their goals, and working with her colleagues to always provide a team solution. During the past 9.5 years at within this company, Sara started her career as a Molecular Probes Technical Scientist on the Technical Support Team, then grew into a Senior Sales Role which included spending time selling the Cellular Analysis portfolio in the Mid-West US and Canada regions as a Technical Sales Specialist, while acting on the Sales Advisory Council. More recently, she achieved the 2013 Top Genetic Analysis System Sales Representative for Western North America and was invited to be part of the 2014 Chairman’s Club.
Sara has a passion to help develop women leadership. She has shown drive both in her personal & professional activities.
- Founder of the Women In Graduate Science community at University of Oregon during her graduate tenure
- Sixteen years of service raising money and knowledge for Breast Cancer Awareness through the National Sorority Alumnae National Offices
- Service on the leadership team of Life Technologies’ International Women’s Influential Network (IWIN) Field Chapter as a Co-Leader and Recruitment and Retention Co-Chair for the past 5 years