Honors Business Program

Honors Program Paintball Social

Twenty-five students from the Lundquist College of Business Honors Program set out for the evening to Paintball Palace, Lane County’s premier paintball and laser tag destination. This was an opportunity to apply the skills learned within the classroom out on the paintball arena. Critical thinking and strategic communication skills with other teammates were the key to succeeding in the war zone. This event was a great bonding opportunity and an awesome experience outside of Lillis with both honors cohorts coming together.

It is safe to say I was not the most outstanding player out there. I’ll admit, my loyalty to fellow team members was tested as friendly fire did come from my direction. It showed peoples’ true colors and tested their endurance. Blood, sweat, and tears were shed, but we all came out as better friends at the end of the night.

The Honors Program social events are an opportunity to create memories and build stronger friendships within the cohort. My experience in the program during the past two years has shaped me into the individual I am today and has prepared me for life after college. I have made lifelong friendships with some of the most genuine and intelligent students at the university and cannot thank the Honors Program enough for the variety of opportunities provided to me during my time in Eugene.

—James Coghill ’15

JamesCoghillPaintballBio: James Coghill is a senior in the Business Honors Program who will graduate in June of 2015 with a degree in business administration with a concentration in marketing and a minor in economics. Coghill looks forward to starting his career with Kroger in its general merchandise department.

Written by UO Business

The UO Lundquist College of Business empowers an engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and stakeholders who create, apply, and disseminate knowledge that contributes significantly to their professions, communities, and society. The college delivers a dynamic learning environment where world-class professors engage and get to know students, where students work on real projects for real companies, and where alumni go on to high-powered jobs worldwide.