Netherlands, Here We Come!

Plane ticket? Check. Passport? Check. Eagerness to see international accounting in action? Check.

Preparations are in the works for the Master of Accounting (MAcc) program’s international study tour to Nyenrode University in the Netherlands. Program director Robin Clement and I will join fourteen of the MAcc students to fly to Amsterdam in just a couple of weeks. The students have learned tons in their international accounting course and are ready to use their new skills in IFRS, international tax, and governance. I’m excited to see what the students bring to the table and what new perspectives they’ll bring home.

I’m also looking forward to seeing some tulips and bicycles.

Expedia: Tulips on Bicycle Above Canal

Written by Margaret Savoian

After earning my Master of Accounting degree at UO in 2004 and spending a few years in public accounting, I returned to the Lundquist College of Business as the Administrative Manager of the Accounting Department. I oversee many department operations, including planning alumni events, directing annual fundraising, managing finances, developing communications materials, and organizing scholarships.