Women in Business visits Bend

This past weekend members of the Women in Business club headed to beautiful Central Oregon to learn about the business environment and various industries there.

We visited Mt. Bachelor, Deschutes Brewery, and Sunriver Resort and found that amidst the snow and mountains there are a tremendous amount of employment opportunities.

Devon Scanlon from Sunriver Resort spoke about believing in the “power of women” and their ability to “change the world through confidence and persistence.” We found that in a male-dominated field, women are becoming stories of success.

Hearing from the hospitality and tourism business, along with the food and beverage industry, and many other areas of business, we gained new insights that will help us in our future endeavors.

Ultimately, it comes down to “determination and having a voice that will make you stand out” stated Scanlon. It was a wonderful weekend for WIB, and we look forward to many more!

Written by kweiss3@uoregon.edu

My name is Kelly Weiss. I am a Business Administration Major with a concentration in Marketing and a Minor in Communications. I am expected to graduate Spring 2013. I am from Seattle, WA and love the Pacific Northwest and my ducks!