Sports Development in Singapore

Hello OMBA,

Andy Behl here, I am a 2nd year in the Warsaw Sports Marketing Center currently on an internship in Singapore. I am here working with the government’s sports ministry on the Vision2030 project. The Vision2030 project is a comprehensive plan to chart a course for the development and promotion of sports in Singapore over the next 18-20 years. You can find out more about the project at www.vision2030.sg. Working in sports development here has been an incredibly interesting experience full of unique opportunities and challenges. One question I am asked often is, “What is the key to our sports culture in the U.S.?” Our goal is to develop strategies to growing the sports culture in Singapore.

I will be in Singapore until early December and then head to the Caribbean to run a series of grassroots track and field development camps and street competitions in the island nation of St. Lucia. Before coming to Oregon, I worked with the Peace Corps in St. Lucia with a focus on track & field development.

Over the next few months, I will be sharing insights about my experiences Singapore and in the Caribbean. If anyone has specific questions about my experience over here, or would like to get involved with these projects in the future, shoot me an email.

Andy Behl, Warsaw MBA ’12
abehl@uoregon.edu
@AndyBehl

Written by UO Business

The UO Lundquist College of Business empowers an engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and stakeholders who create, apply, and disseminate knowledge that contributes significantly to their professions, communities, and society. The college delivers a dynamic learning environment where world-class professors engage and get to know students, where students work on real projects for real companies, and where alumni go on to high-powered jobs worldwide.