2023-24 ASLA Executive Committee

Madison Sanders

President, 4th Year BLA

Hello! My name is Madison (she/her) and I am a fourth year BLA student, and I am thrilled to be President of the University of Oregon ASLA Chapter this year. I am originally from Cleveland, OH but have developed a love for the land and ecological richness of Oregon since coming to school here. Outside of the studio, I enjoy being involved in student advocacy work on campus. I currently serve as the Vice President of the ASUO Student Legislative Branch representing the College of Design in the allocation of the I-Fee to fund external contracts, departments and student organizations on campus, and I am a member of the Campus Planning Committee. What I enjoy most is spending the non-rainy days in Oregon climbing, skiing and enjoying fair weather runs in the Pacific Northwest with my friends.

Tressa Cummings

Vice President, 2nd Year MLA

Tressa Cummings is from Sacramento, CA and has an undergraduate background in Studio Art and History. She is a generalist who loves specialists and is happiest drawing plants and people in the wild.

Mikayla Ngo

Treasurer, 2nd Year MLA

I am currently a second year MLA student. I also went to University of Oregon for my undergraduate degree (B.A. in Environmental Studies, minors in Business Administration and Architecture). Some of my favorite hobbies are hiking, baking, and playing basketball.

McKenna O'Neill

Secretary, 4th Year BLA

I am from the Bay Area 20 mins, North of San Francisco. Starting with an interest in Food Studies as a Poly-Sci major, I found Landscape Architecture my sophomore year. Fell in love with the versatility of the profession, and community within the program. Outside of ASLA I am a First Year Interest Group assistant for the Ecological Design FIG, and Land Lab assistant.

Cameron Coronado

DEI Liaison, 2nd Year MLA

Originally from Walla Walla, WA. I received a bachelors of environmental science from Western Washington University in 2014. I spent my first couple of years out of school working on salmon enhancement and recovery. I transferred into Natural Resource management/Low Impact Development working for a Conservation District and local government. I am pursing a dual major in MLA and MCRP and would like to work on large scale community master planning and design following the completion of my masters degree.

Holly Phares

Faculty Liaison, 2nd Year MLA

I grew up in the Columbia River Gorge and have lived in the Northwest most of my life. My undergrad degree is in studio art, and I worked as a custom art framer before deciding to come back to school. I enjoyed designing projects that were both functional and aesthetically appealing, and it’s been fun to explore that balance in landscape design too.

Mia Owen

Communications Manager, 3rd Year BLA

I am currently a second-year BLA student, and I am interested in creating equitable productive landscapes and encouraging community involvement. I love everything outdoors (camping, hiking, running, etc.) and on any given day you can find me laying on a lawn in the sun. Outside of ASLA I work in the Honors College as a Peer Mentor and Tour Guide, and I am also a part of Kitchen Sink Magazine.

Blake Schouten

BLA Outreach Coordinator, 4th Year BLA

I’m originally from Portland, Oregon, and have always loved spending time in the outdoors around Oregon. In LA, I’m most drawn to projects that strongly connect to place and speak to local narratives. I also love mixing analog workflows with digital ones!

Momo Kelley

MLA Outreach Coordinator, 1st Year MLA

I grew up in-and-outside the Washington D.C. area. I think I first fell in love with landscapes while spending summer weeks in Flint, MI, volunteering with bottom-up farmer cooperatives. They were leasing downtown lots for a dollar a year and hosting free-lunch workdays to turn them into productive farmland. Seeing the city coalesce around urban regenerative ag really set the tone for what community-driven landscapes can do.