For six weeks I lived in the Chompi Residence with Italian and other foreign exchange students. Amy, my roommate, and I shared a room in side a room number five. At first we weren’t smitten with our living situation but it slowly grew on us and we learned to called it home.

This was our unfashionable beds. We were only given one pillow each so I put a towel under mine to give it more volume.

My desk!

The view from our hall window!

Version 2

Our kitchen we shared with the other residence. I learned to use a gas stove thanks to the lovely Amy!

This was our shower that we only used twice because the water pooled in the bottom.

This was our toilet that we had to sit on sideways because our knees would hit the shower. And the smaller toilet to the left is a bidet which “are primarily used to wash and clean the genitalia, perineum, inner buttocks, and anus.” Yes, I googled that one.

This was a view of one of the street of Siena. I loved walking down the street, it felt like taking a step back into time.

Here is the door to our apartment. If you clicked the button at the top you were let in.

This was a view from our door!

This was one of our windows in our room that looked down to the street

This was our very steep stairway to our apartment. It was slightly slanted and hard to walk up when we came back late some nights.

This is Fasto and Emilio. There were some of the Italian students that lived in

Chompi. We became friends and they would joke around with us, help us with directions, and prank us constantly.

Before I come to Siena, I really wanted to cut my hair. So after finding Fasto cutting Emilio’s hair , I asked Fasto to cut mine! He only took off a couple inches and it actually looked really good. So thank you Fasto for my Italian hair cut <3 IMG_7528

This is all of us getting gelato in the Piazza!

The Chompi residence was located in the Leocorono or Unicorn contrade! Being able to live within the walls of Siena was such an experience and I am honored to experience the beauty and the locals. Chompi will always have a spot in my heart and I will always call it a home away from home.

Until Next Time,
The Italian Duck