Here is a look at some of the stuff that I have packed away in my suitcase!

Euros: When I arrive at the airport I don’t have much time to catch my bus, so I have purchased 100 euros to start off my trip! For those of you traveling make sure to let your financial institution know that you will be out of the country.

European Adaptor: Make sure to get an international converter to charge your phone, laptop, and other electronic devices! I found mine at target for about $25.

Sunscreen, Sunglasses, Swimsuit, and a Reusable Water Bottle: There will be a possibility of 100-degree weather in Siena, so I have packed away all the essentials to fight against the Italian heat. Sunscreen to protect my skin, a reusable water bottle to avoid dehydration, and a swimsuit and sunglasses for when I escape to the Tyrrhenian or Ligurian Sea.

Rick Steves Italy Book: After telling one of my co-workers I was traveling abroad this summer, he suggested I get Rick Steves book. This book is filled with helpful tips and tricks about walking tours, must see sights, and everything in between. It is a great way to familiarize yourself with the country and know the “hot spots” to go to. I found my book on Amazon for about $20 and there are many other guide books about Spain, Russia, Ireland, and more!

Passport: I would highly suggest renewing or getting your passport as soon as you can. It took me six months to get mine. But when I started to think about studying abroad, it was one less thing I had to do.

Plane Ticket: I found the best deal on Student Universe (Link on top of Blog). I would highly suggest using this website because it is user friendly and can help you find great deals.

Go Pro: This isn’t an essential but I am excited to capture all the memories I make and share them with you.

Hope this give you an idea of what to pack for your travels.

Ciao,
The Italian Duck