*Note: We have since changed the way our organization is being implemented. Edits are on the bottom of this page*
1. What is your organization or company. Give background history including who, when, and why it was founded.
Three Space Arts (3SA) is an arts organization serving marginalized communities in Eugene for over 10 years. The organization was founded by graduate students in the AAD program. It was founded to create a third space, not home or work, for visual arts programming and events.
2. What do they do or make – describe the products and services and what makes them unique.
We offer a venue for immigrant populations to come and share their cultural heritage through performing arts. We also want to serve as an available resource for planning special events and expressive cultural programming.
3. Describe the culture of the organization or company. What is the work environment like – the atmosphere? What is the building like – exterior/interior, architecture, fittings and furniture? How do the employees work together? What are the jobs and roles of individuals? How are they treated by management?
The culture of the organization is transparent and inclusive. We strive for a health work environment that focus on consensus decision making. The building is a huge open space with several rooms reserved for classes. It fits the modern, yet classical approach in architecture featuring lots of windows for natural light, high ceilings in the lobby way and is retrofitted with kitchen space so that those who need to make meals have access to these resources. The furniture conveys a cozy feel while also practical sense of tables and chairs necessary for holding workshops. We hope to serve as a space people can feel safe and warm when they visit.
The jobs and roles are varied throughout the center. There is the executive director, program manager, fundraising/marketing coordinator and office manager (usually an intern) and contracted visual artists/instructors who help lead the workshops and events in 3SA.
The executive director oversees the operations of the organization and making sure we are staying aligned to the overall mission statement, vision and goals of 3SA. The program manager focuses on organizing all the programming at 3Sa. Our fundraising/marketing coordinator ensures that we spread public awareness and outreach to our targeted demographic and have interactive and engaging fundraising opportunities to expand and build more in years to come. Our office manager is helpful with checking folks in and holding space for the center and serves as the first person who the community engages with upon entering the space.
4. Who is the targeted audience? What are their demographics?
3SA is designed to focus on immigrant communities in the Eugene area.
5. What is the organization or company mission statement?