Writing Assignments

Fundraising Letter: For my example fundraising letter I chose to write it for the Eugene Education Foundation. The EEF was my client this year for Allen Hall Public Relations, so I know a lot about this nonprofit.

Internal Communications: This internal communications letter was supposed to represent what a PR rep would do when big news is announced to the organization’s employees. In this case, our hypothetical situation was Starbucks announcing that they would offer to pay for all store managers’ graduate education as an additional to their College Achievement Plan.

Infographic: I used Piktochart to create an infographic that depicts a few statistics about Millennials. The generation I belong to interests me and I found all of these statistics very fascinating.

Millennial InfographicShareholder Letter: We all randomly selected start-up companies that Dave had picked out. I chose PlayQ, an online gaming company. At first, I wasn’t happy with my selection as I know very little about gaming in general. After doing research on the company and its CEO’s, I really enjoyed writing a shareholder letter from their perspective.