- Muehlbauer, M.; Latifi Khorasgani, M.; McCarthy, J. et. al. (2016) Airflow Visualisation towards the Design of Breathing Skins. Simulation for Architecture and Urban Design SIMAUD 2016, London, England. Best Student Paper award.
- Cheng, N., Khorashgani, M., Williams, N., Prohasky, D. and J. Burry, “Understanding Incident and Filtered Light in the Design of Building Skins”, Computer-aided Architectural Design Research in Asia, CAADRIA 2015, May 20-23, 2015, Seoul, Korea.
- Cheng, N. (2012) “Petal Variations: Surfaces For Light And Shadow Effects” in Hyperseeing, Special Issue on Shape Modeling International 2012, Fabrication and Sculpting Event & Exhibition, the International Society of the Arts, Mathematics, and Architecture (ISAMA), College Station, Texas, May 22-25, 2012 pp. 61-71.
- Cheng, N. (2012) “Shading With Folded Surfaces: Designing With Material, Visual and Digital Considerations“, Digital Physicality – Education and Research in Computer Aided Architectural Design in Europe (eCAADe’12) Conference Proceedings – Volume 2 / ISBN 978-9-4912070-3-7, Czech Technical University, Prague, 12-14 September 2012, pp. 613-620.
- Cheng, N., Abraham Rodriguez and Ashley Koger. (2012) Folded Sun-Shades: from Origami to Architecture, in Digital Aptitudes, Proceedings of the 100th Annual ACSA National Meeting, March 1-4, 2012, Boston, MA.
- Cheng, N., Jeffrey Maas, Nicolaus Wright and William Robert Taylor. (2012) “Shaping Light: an emergent family of shading structures“. National Conference for the Beginning Design Student, Lincoln, NE. March 2011. poster