Project 2 – Bounced Color

The light box from the last project was reused for this experiment. First, I laser cut patterns into both blue and red matteboard. Then, I used these screens along with color floor pieces to reflect color onto the back wall of the light box. There was a visible difference in the color of the wall behind the screen but none of my cameras could really pick it up. Since we could visually see the effect in class, I am including several process pictures and an attempt at catching the effect in a video. The red board was most “visible” so I used included images and video from the red experiments. ImageImage

About Nancy Cheng

Univ. of Oregon Architecture Department head Nancy Yen-wen Cheng, RA, LEED AP researches how design tools and approaches shape outcomes, with a specialization in how craft and computation can stimulate the creative process. She has developed expertise in manipulating sheet materials to create light-modulating structures and has researched how surface relief patterns can increase convective cooling. She has developed fold and slot joints that give structural rigidity to foldable sheet structures and is eager to apply them to rapidly deployable refugee shelters.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.