Experimenting with Color.

When experimenting with color I wanted to use my initial interest in how color could bounce and wash a surface. As I felt my curvilinear panel was the most successful from last weeks experiment,  I glued sections of orange, blue, and green construction paper to the back of each strip.  Although it is hard to tell from the photographs, I found that orange seemed bounce and wash the surface the best, while green seemed to be the least successful of the three. Although orange washed the surface the best, I found that the colors did not show up on the surfaces as well as I would have liked.

In my next step, I would like to try bright colors of construction paper as in Tuesday’s class we experimented with different colors of paper and their brightness. When examining the different colors bright, florescent papers seemed to work the best when bouncing color versus the dark colors I used in my experiment.

About Nancy Cheng

Univ. of Oregon Architecture Department head Nancy Yen-wen Cheng, RA, LEED AP researches how design tools and approaches shape outcomes, with a specialization in how craft and computation can stimulate the creative process. She has developed expertise in manipulating sheet materials to create light-modulating structures and has researched how surface relief patterns can increase convective cooling. She has developed fold and slot joints that give structural rigidity to foldable sheet structures and is eager to apply them to rapidly deployable refugee shelters.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.