Teaching Engagement Program

2013-TEP-site-headers-1

As the Graduate Student Teacher-Scholar, I help the Teaching Engagement Program guide our support of Graduate TeachingFellows at the University of Oregon by ensuring that we’re informed by national best practices; increasing university-wide awareness of local UO best practices emerging from individual departments; and assessing, rationalizing, and refining TEP’s programming.

KIU, Pakistan

I traveled to Karakorum International University in Gilgit, Pakistan to help                          consult on the start of KIU’s new Faculty Development Center. This picture shows some of the beautiful campus found at the confluence of the Hindu Kush, Karakorum, and Himalayan Mountain Ranges.

Concretely, this means that I work alongside the other TEP staff to offer workshops, confidential consultations, build effective teaching and learning resources, write thought-pieces for TEPlist emails, and study trends in higher education relating to teaching and learning.

If you are a GTF, or anyone else with an interest in teaching and learning, please do not hesitate to contact me (info below) directly or the Teaching Effectiveness Program ( tep@uoregon.edu).