Deadline – May 22, 2020
The UO Libraries/Oregon Poetry Association Poetry Prize awards two undergraduate student prizes every other year to high-quality works of poetry in which the library has played a role in their artistic output.
Awards are $500 and deposited in the winning student’s campus account. Wining poems will be published in the OPA Journal, Verseweavers.
Prizes will be awarded for a single poem on any topic or theme.
- A maximum of 5 poems should be submitted, which were produced during the student’s undergraduate years.
- Currently enrolled University of Oregon undergraduates (and graduating seniors).
- Poems must be a final version prior to submission.
Application Instructions (attach in your email all items listed below)
- A Biographical Statement (200-450 words)
- One poem per page saved as separate PDF files (total maximum 5 poems)
- Acknowledgments Page
Deadline & Process
- Due May 22, 2020 (11:59 pm)
- Applications are reviewed at the end of the spring term by the Awards Committee (a panel of UO librarians, UO faculty and Oregon Poetry Association members) who will select the winning poems.
- Students receive awards in the form of a paid poetry workshop.
- Awards will be presented at the Oregon Poetry Association conference, held every other fall term in Eugene, OR.
- Authors retain the copyright to their work.
- Email questions and submissions to: email@example.com
Funded by the University of Oregon Libraries and the Oregon Poetry Association.