Deadline – May 5, 2018
The UO Libraries/Oregon Poetry Association Poetry Prize rewards two undergraduate students every other year who demonstrate high-quality works of poetry in which the library has played a role in their artistic output.
Awards will consist of a tuition-supported poetry workshop and a limited edition printing (in broadside) of their winning poem by an Oregon fine press printer.
Prizes will be awarded for a single poem on any topic or theme.
- A maximum of 5 poems should be submitted, which were produced during the student’s undergraduate years.
- Currently enrolled University of Oregon undergraduates (and graduating seniors).
- Poems must be a final version prior to submission.
Application Instructions (attach in your email all items listed below)
- A Biographical Statement (200-450 words)
- One poem per page saved as separate PDF files (total maximum 5 poems)
- Acknowledgments Page
Deadline & Process
- Due May 5, 2018 (11:59 pm)
- Applications are reviewed at the end of the Spring semester by the Awards Committee (a panel of UO librarians, UO faculty and Oregon Poetry Association members) who will select a winning poem.
- Students receive awards in the form of a tuition-supported poetry workshop.
- Students also receive five (5) copies of their printed work.
- Awards will be presented at the Oregon Poetry Association conference, held in Eugene, OR, on Thursday, September 27, 2018, at the Knight Library Browsing Room.
- Email questions and submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright and Distribution Information
- Authors retain the copyright to their work.
- Winning printed poems are deposited in Oregon libraries, archives, and historical repositories that collect fine press printed materials.
Funded by the University of Oregon Libraries and the Oregon Poetry Association.