Pacific Northwest Aerospace Expo – 2019

Saturday September 28th, Portland State University hosted the first local Pacific Northwest Aerospace expo/conference. It is planned to be an annual event and is particularly interesting to us here at the University of Oregon because we have had a very small hand in the ORESAT project.  This project, under the guidance of Andrew Greenberg at PSU aims to launch a cubesat into space next August. I heard several interesting talks including one on getting into aerospace technology particularly focusing on strategies for women by Heather Bulk, CEO of SAS, a talk on engineering for stationing people on Mars, a very cool talk on the history of the Viking Mars Explorer and then one of the New Glenn Rocket from a Blue Origin engineer.  Many thanks go out the Portland State Aerospace Society (PSAS) and to Andrew Greenberg for work on the expo!

Heather Bulk of Special Aerospace Services (SAS) on women and how to get that foot in the door of the aerospace room

R. Tillman on the history of the Viking Mission to Mars

Viking’s Memory Board

Blue Origin and the New Gleen rocket

Designing new space suits

dpwalton@uoregon.edu

Science & Technology Outreach @DeyWalt on Twitter

You may also like...

5 Responses

1. betmate says:

검증된 업체 먹튀검증 최고의 메이져

2. casinositehomecom says:

Hello Dear, are you actually visiting this web page on a regular basis, if so afterward
    you will absolutely obtain pleasant knowledge. 바카라사이트

3. toto365pro says:

Have you ever thought about creating an ebook or guest authoring on other websites? I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my audience would value your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e mail.my web blog; 스포츠토토

4. sportstototvcom says:

Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you!However, how can we communicate?my web-site: 스포츠중계

5. betmantotopro says:

First of all I want to say wonderful blog! I had a quick question which I’d like to ask if you don’t mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your mind before writing.I have had a tough time clearing my mind in getting my ideas out.I do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend to be lost simply just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or hints? 토토사이트