NARCON – 2019

The National Association of Rocketry annual meeting was at the Kennedy Space Center this year.  It’s a chance to meet up with educators and hobbyist involved with space related projects.  This year was extra special since the meeting coincided with the launching of SpaceX’s Crew Dragon rocket designed to take astronauts to the International Space Station. I stayed up late to watch the 2:49 am launch and got this picture of the Dragon lifting off.

One of wonderful things about meetings like this is that I was able to connect one our our students with a specialist doing work on what our student wanted to learn.  Special thanks go out to Patrick McCarthy and Jim Banke of NASA who helped organize this wonderful event, and of course Lorry I. Lokey for travel funding.

dpwalton@uoregon.edu

Science & Technology Outreach @DeyWalt on Twitter

You may also like...

2 Responses

1. McauleyHanna says:

I’ve been looking for info on this topic for a while. I’m happy this one is so great. Keep up the excellent work! สล็อต

2. White hat Backlinks says:

Hi there, after reading this remarkable paragraph i am too happy to share my experience here with friends. White hat Backlinks