New Student Survey

1. Where did you move from to attend the UO? And, briefly describe how you landed on the UO AAD program. Any interesting, funny, anecdotal stories/details are welcome.

I moved from central North Carolina.  I became interested in the AAd programme primarily when I was doing research on Master’s degrees related to art and business.  When I saw “Arts Management” and looked into it, I knew that the skills I would develop in the programme would help me achieve my goal.

2. Area of concentration in AAD?

Concentrating in Media Management to better co-opt with my undergrad in Digital Art and Animation

3. Describe your knowledge and use of technology systems. Responses should include the following:

• Computer platform you use (Mac, PC, Linux, other)
  • Smart phones, tablets, other hand held/smart devices
  • Digital Cameras, Video, Audio devices
  • Peripherals – printers, scanners, other necessary and/or cool gadgets

I primarily use a PC, though I also utilise a Chromebook for computing on the go.  I have used an iPad 2 in the past and tinkered briefly with a Surface Pro 3.  My current smartphone is a Samsung GSIII but I’m hoping to upgrade soon, maybe around Christmas.  I have a great deal of experience using Canon Rebel DSLRs, Sony, ARRI, and GoPro video cameras.

4. What software do you commonly use? Briefly describe purpose/application for software on your list.

I primarily use Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator CC, Autodesk Maya, and Unity.   Photoshop and Illustrator for graphic design, Maya for 3D modelling and animating, and Unity as a game engine.

5. Do you have any graphic design or media production/management experience? Have you taken any graphic design or media production courses?

My undergrad was in Digital Art and Animation, so I know a lot about producing artistic digital content.  I work freelance as a graphic designer.

6. Know anything about typography?

Typography is a very important part of branding and promotion.  If the fonts don’t mesh with the rest of the idea, then the content will look stilted.

7. Do you use Web 2.0 apps? Name those that you use or are familiar with.

I’m sure I do/have, but I couldn’t tell you what they were.

8. Do you use Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Vine, Yelp, etc.)? Name those that you engage in.

I use Facebook casually, the same with Twitter and Yelp.  I use Tumblr quite a bit, as well as other niche artistic social sites.

9. Tell me something unique about yourself.

I have a form of polychromia

10. Anything else?

I am a big gamer.   From video games to board games to card games, tabletop RPGs, and a few MMOs.  I also write and sing.