- What is your organization or company. Give background history including who, when, and why it was founded.
Project Reedway is an organization started by bassoonist James Ryan Morris after receiving his masters in bassoon performance last May. The name gives you a clue of what this business is about: yes, it’s bassoon reeds!
- What do they do or make – describe the products and services and what makes them unique.
Project Reedway sells cane at all the different stages of the process as well as a variety of brands and shapes. Reed blanks are available as well as finished reeds ready to be played
- Describe the culture of the organization or company. What is the work environment like – the atmosphere? What is the building like – exterior/interior, architecture, fittings and furniture? How do the employees work together? What are the jobs and roles of individuals? How are they treated by management?
Currently, the entire product that Mr. Morris sells is produced in his living room at a one-bedroom apartment in Dallas. Cane is bought by the kilo and hand processed with skillful and precise craftsmanship.
- Who is the targeted audience? What are their demographics?
Project Reedway’s target audience consists of bassoon players that haven’t learned how to make reeds or rather more experienced bassoonists that lack of the time to do it.
- What is the organization or company mission statement?
To provide the customers with an alternate option other than factory cane and reeds, so that they are able to purchase them while keeping the quality that a handmade reed offers.