Week 5: Group Operation

Looking back at the last couple of weeks, working with my group, I believe we have made positive progress toward better collaboration, productivity, and cohesion. We meet every Tuesday morning to review and work on the week’s to-do list, and during the weekends, when we have major assignments to finish. During this time, we focus on the tasks at hand, getting our parts done, and setting goals/deadlines for future meetings.

Although we have productive meetings, I wish they were a bit more focused and efficient. At times, usually when we find ourselves stuck on a part of an assignment, we lose track and get off topic fairly easily. I understand that distractions happen when working in a group environment, but I hope as the project progresses and we have more finalized ideas, our productivity and efficiency will improve. Since group corporation is a major factor in efficiency, I believe our group is very capable of utilizing our time better.

While my group works well together, I wish they would be more vocal about their opinions and ideas. After spending about 8-10 hours with my group every week, I’ve come to realize that I practice more advocacy and they do more inquiry. In general, I am a fairly open, opinionated, and outspoken individual when it comes to my ideas, but my group is just the opposite. Even though, I don’t believe anyone necessarily shies away from speaking out or answering questions, many times ideas will “hover” in the room, without discussion. I would like to see my team members take more initiative in contributing to shared ideas and insights in helping us improve our proposal.

Overall, I am interested to see how our group will work through the next couple of assignments and make progress toward creating a well versed proposal and a professional presentation.

Group Projects