Regulations of Christianity

Published on: Author: snejedly@uoregon.edu 112 Comments

According to Justin Martyr, Tertullian, and many other apologists, there are many different requirements to becoming a part of the Christian community. Church leaders were forced to set up these specific rules and behavior rules during church services because they needed to be legitimate in order to receive respect from society. Christians used many ideas from the Jewish religion for their own regulations, but put their own spin on them. “But we all hold this common gathering on Sunday, since it is the first day, on which God transforming darkness and matter made the universe, and Jesus Christ our Savior on the same day rose from the dead” (Martyr). Since Christians believe that Jesus rose from the dead on a Sunday, they have every confidence that Sunday should be the day of rejoicing and worshiping their Lord. The Jewish religion believes that Saturday should be that day, but Christians have their own reasons to why Sunday should be. In order to be a Christian, you must prove that you are completely giving yourself to Christ by baptism. This symbolizes the washing clean of your sins and that you are pure because you have Jesus in your heart. “And this washing is called illumination, as those who learn these things are illuminated in the mind. And he who is illuminated is washed in the name of Jesus Christ…” (Martyr). By being dipped in a body of water by a legitimate approved male follower of Christ, you become a part of the Christian community and dedicate your whole life to serving the Lord. Martyr finishes his explanation of the Christian religion by talking about communion and how important it is to participate in it. “For we do not receive these things as common bread nor common drink; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Savior having been incarnate by God’s logos took both flesh and blood for our salvation…” (Martyr). Christians believe that by eating bread and drinking wine, that they are consuming the body and blood of Christ, making him become part of them.

Tertullian describes Christianity as one unified group that can’t be messed with. “We form one body because of our religious convictions, and because of the divine origin of our way of life and the bond of common hope” (Tertullian). Christians are bonded together by their mutual love for the Lord and how he is part of their everyday lives. “So, we who are united in mind and soul have no hesitation about sharing what we have. Everything is in common among us- except our wives” (Tertullian). He even brings up the issue of Christians being accused of incest and adultery. No two Christians share the same wife and no Christian can be a Christian if they participate in heinous activities like those. If you do, you have an opportunity to become a part of the Christian community, but you have to repent for your sins and promise to never commit those crimes again.

These texts do support Ehrman when he says that Christians saw themselves as “a distinct social group that stood over against the world” because they were a very elite group that’s membership could not be attained easily. They believed that they were better than any religion because of the goodness of the Lord.

112 Responses to Regulations of Christianity Comments (RSS) Comments (RSS)

1. There are three types of biblical precepts moral, ceremonial, and judicial. He holds that moral precepts are permanent, having held even before the Law was given since they are part of the law of nature. These are the regulations of Christianity. And I’ll share it with all of the greatest Online Class Help in the UK. Online classes help is based on all of the students’ help.

2. Why do most of the scholars find Biology related academic tasks difficult and seek for professional guidance? Are academic job based on Biology subject too boggles your mind? Is a troubling Biology task bugging you to no end? Come and approach the comprehensive Biology Homework Help guide and build up meticulous knowing regarding the acquaintance of the subject and achieve desired accomplishment.

3. The article is very easy to understand, detailed and meticulous! I had a lot of harvest after watching this article from you! I find it interesting, your article gave me a new perspective! I have read many other articles on the same topic, but your article convinced me! fnf

4. I was able to acquire the best grades by adhering to the best advice from the expert, and that do my class online I was also able to get the best professional supervision. The article is extremely simple to grasp, detailed, and meticulous.

5. Thanks for sharing the best blog. Each line is filled with valuable meaning.Are you going through hassle in fixing your collage assignment ? Now you’ve landed at the right place .We are the top Dissertation Help for uk college students, so that students solved their tough assignments easily. Apart from that we additionally offer on specific assignments Dissertation help ,Homework, Essay help, Course work, Thesis.

6. I was looking for another article by chance and found your article slotsite I am writing on this topic, so I think it will help a lot. I leave my blog address below. Please visit once.

7. Usually I do not read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice post

바카라사이트

8. This is very interesting, I love how you express yourself in form of writing. You’re a very skilled blogger. I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post

토토사이트

9. Usually I do not read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice post

토토사이트

10. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill

카지노사이트

11. Nice to meet you! I happened to know your blog while looking for the materials I needed. You’re so smart. How did you end up writing this? I’ll read more of your posts whenever I have time

카라사이트

12. Hi there to every body, it’s my first pay a quick visit of this weblog; this weblog contains amazing and genuinely excellent stuff in support of visitors.
    카지노

13. I was looking for another article by chance and found your article casinosite I am writing on this topic, so I think it will help a lot. I leave my blog address below. Please visit once.

14. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is great blog. A fantastic read. I’ll definitely be back
    스포츠토토존

15. I do not even know how I ended up right here, but I believed this post was great.
    I don’t know who you are however definitely you’re going to a well-known blogger if you happen to aren’t already.
    Cheers!
    카지노사이트킹

16. I came to this site with the introduction of a friend around me and I was very impressed when I found your writing. I’ll come back often after bookmarking! majorsite

17. 카라사이트

It was a generally excellent post to be sure. I completely appreciated perusing it in my noon. Will unquestionably come and visit this blog more regularly. Gratitude for sharing

18. Usually I do not read post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been amazed me. Thanks, very nice post

스포츠토토

19. checked the bookmark and visited again. A few months ago, I received a lot of help with my blog content, but I got help again this time. It’s still a blog with a lot of content that inspires me deeply

온라인카지노

20. Looking at this article, I miss the time when I didn’t wear a mask. casinocommunity Hopefully this corona will end soon. My blog is a blog that mainly posts pictures of daily life before Corona and landscapes at that time. If you want to remember that time again, please visit us.

21. It was a generally excellent post to be sure. I completely appreciated perusing it in my noon. Will unquestionably come and visit this blog more regularly. Gratitude for sharing

토토사이트

22. Two full thumbs up for this magneficent article of yours. I’ve truly delighted in perusing this article today and I figure this may be outstanding amongst other article that I’ve perused yet. If it’s not too much trouble keep this work going ahead in a similar quality.

카지노사이트

23. I was looking for another article by chance and found your article majorsite I am writing on this topic, so I think it will help a lot. I leave my blog address below. Please visit once.

24. Looking for a reliable and efficient solution to conquer your academic challenges? Look no further than Takemyclassdone.com! We are your one-stop destination for professional academic assistance. Whether you need help with assignments, exams, or entire courses, our team of experienced experts is here to ensure your success. With our personalized approach and commitment to quality, we guarantee timely delivery and excellent grades. Say goodbye to stress and hello to academic excellence with Take My Class Done!

25. Looking to breeze through your coursework effortlessly? Look no further than Takemyclassdone.com! Our innovative online platform connects students with qualified experts who will not only take your classes for you but ensure top-notch performance. Whether you need help with math, science, humanities, or any other subject, our experienced tutors are here to make academic success a reality. Say goodbye to stress and hello to convenience with TakeMyClassDone. Don’t just pass your classes, excel in them!

26. “TopExamHelp: Unleashing Your Academic Potential! 🚀📚 Discover the ultimate platform that transforms your learning experience. Our cutting-edge resources and expert guidance empower students worldwide to conquer exams with confidence. From tailored study materials to personalized tutoring, we’ve got your back. Say goodbye to stress and hello to success with TopExamHelp – your trusted ally in acing exams and unlocking your true academic brilliance!”

27. Welcome to SMM Panel One, the one-stop solution for all your social media marketing needs. With our cutting-edge SMM Panel, you can effortlessly elevate your online presence and reach new heights of success. From increasing followers, likes, and engagement to managing multiple platforms in one place, our user-friendly interface empowers you to stay ahead of the competition. Maximize your brand’s impact and visibility with our comprehensive suite of services and analytics. Join SMM Panel One today and witness the power of social media marketing at its finest.

28. This is indeed a treasure trove of information! Online education is witnessing unprecedented growth, and students are actively seeking assistance. It’s wonderful to discover MQT Academy‘s expansive global offering for kids, both girls and boys. Our children are benefiting greatly from their daily lessons.

29. Cisco 350-701 dumps questions are a collection of practice exam items designed to help individuals prepare for the Cisco 350-701 exam, also known as the Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies (SCOR) exam. These dumps typically contain a variety of multiple-choice questions, scenarios, and answers that cover the key topics and objectives of the 350-701 exam. They serve as a valuable study resource for candidates aiming to assess their knowledge, identify areas for improvement, and enhance their readiness for the actual certification test in the field of Cisco security technologies.

30. I appreciate your contribution. I’ve read a lot about relevant topics! Unlike other articles, yours created a lasting impression on me. I hope you’ll continue to write interesting pieces like this one and others for us all to read! five nights at freddy’s

31. تتفرد شركة خدمات الخليج بتقديم خدمات تركيب كاميرات المراقبة بأعلى مستويات الجودة والاحترافية. تعمل الشركة على تلبية احتياجات العملاء من خلال فريق متخصص من الفنيين ذوي الخبرة العالية في مجال تركيب وصيانة أنظمة المراقبة. توفر الشركة أحدث التقنيات في عالم كاميرات المراقبة لضمان تأمين البيئات بشكل كامل وفعال. تشمل خدمات الشركة تحليل احتياجات العميل وتصميم نظام مخصص يلبي توقعاته ومتطلباته الفريدة. بفضل التزامها بالجودة والابتكار، تضمن شركة خدمات الخليج أمانًا وحماية مستدامة للأفراد والأعمال، مما يجعلها الشريك المثالي في تأمين ومراقبة البيئات المختلفة.
    شركة تركيب كاميرات مراقبة

32. Tech on a shoestring? These guys got the goods! They’re floggin’ top-notch, unlocked refurbished phones, tablets and laptops – all without the bank-breaking price tag. Score the latest tech for peanuts, ditch the carrier nonsense, and give pre-loved gadgets a second life. Pretty darn swanky, wouldn’t you say?

33. Tech on a shoestring? These guys got the goods! They’re floggin’ top-notch, unlocked refurbished phones, tablets and laptops – all without the bank-breaking price tag. Score the latest tech for peanuts, ditch the carrier nonsense, and give pre-loved gadgets a second life. Pretty darn swanky, wouldn’t you say?

34. 온라인카지노 게임의 범주는 실제 랜드 베이스 카지노보다 넓습니다. 크래쉬, 플링코와 같은 블록체인 게임, 다양한 애니메이션이 적용된 비디오 슬롯, 카지노 홀덤 토너먼트 등 온라인에서만 이용할 수 있는 카지노 게임이 있고,

35. 실제 현금을 이용하여 온라인카지노 게임을 하는 것은 흥미로운 활동이 될 수 있습니다. 잠재적으로 돈을 벌 수 있다는 기대와 잃을 수도 있기 때문에 긴장감을 가지고 카지노사이트에서 게임에 참여할 수 있습니다. 또한,

36. able to deliver groceries right to your door, including long-lasting nonperishables like canned vegetables, rice, beans, nuts and more. Frozen foods could also be beneficial if you’re looking to cook for a family. 동행복권파워볼