Last week we decided that everyone was interested in learning machine learning in R, and that we’d end up getting more proficient with version control along the way. The rest of the session was spent identifying resources — here’s a list we’ll add to as the quarter continues:
- Why choose prediction? Tal and Jake have an argument for that.
- Data sets for machine learning competitions at Kaggle
- R package for machine learning: Caret
- Textbook (pdf) and R code from one of the field’s leaders: An Introduction to Statistical Learning
- 15 HOURS OF EXPERT VIDEOS
- tangential: What natural language processing tells us about heavy metal