For the second year in a row, eight undergraduate public relations ducks will head east to Chicago in June. For five consecutive days, they will immerse themselves in the third-largest media market in the U.S. to network, connect and learn from PR professionals. Students will visit Edelman, Porter Novelli, network with Rich Jernstedt and Chicago duck alumni.
About Edelman Chicago
- Edelman was founded in Chicago. There are 64 offices around the global and 14 of those are in U.S. cities
- Their industry-leading digital and social media businesses were launched here
- Their chief innovation office and one of their top digital innovators is based here
- 600+ employees with a wide range of experts in food, retail, travel and tourism, lifestyle brand marketing, corporate, health and digital
- Breathtaking views from the 66th floor
(Information adapted from: http://www.edelman.com/office/chicago/ )
About Porter Novelli Chicago
- The full service firm works with clients in global health and wellness, global technology and food, drinks and beverage. They are also a corporate communications office that work with professional services, manufacturing, consumer products, retail and construction industries
- Client focused
- 86 offices around the globe. 11 of them are in U.S. cities
- Rich Jernstedt, a UO alum, is the senior counselor of the Porter Novelli Chicago office and a top strategic thinker. Jernstedt is the president and CEO of The Jernstedt Company. Jernstedt has over 40 years of communication in military public affairs, brand positioning, reputation management, corporate and agency. Some of his previous clients include McDonald’s, Chrysler, Levi’s, Campbell Soup, BMW and University of Oregon.
(Information adapted from:http://www.porternovelli.com/offices/north-america/chicago/ and http://www.jernstedt.com/about/ )
After all the networking and insightful information, how about a Cubs game?
Students will have the opportunity to attend a Cubs game and explore the windy city. “We are very excited to go to Chicago for the second year to network with public relations professionals. This is a unique opportunity for dedicated undergraduate students.” says Public Relations Area Director Kelli Matthews. Follow the hashtag #windycityducks to see the adventures of these eight ducks!
Written by Maritza Rendon, UO PRSSA Vice President