Frequently Asked Questions

How do I reserve a classroom or a meeting room on campus?
Contact our Business Operations Manager at least one day ahead of time. To be assured of an appropriate space, please make requests at least one week in advance. Most scheduling of this kind cannot be made by students directly to EMU or classroom scheduling staff.

How do I reserve audio visual (AV) equipment for class presentations?
There are four options:

  • If you are presenting for a PPPM class, please visit, call or email our Business Operations Manager
  • If you are presenting for a CPW or other CSC project, contact Julie Foster (541-346-2878, or for projectors, conference phone, digital cameras, easels, flipchart pads, screen, and other supplies.
  • The College of Design Facilities Support Services desk, room 124 Lawrence Hall, loans out equipment. Equipment cannot leave campus. Bring student I.D. Reservations are highly recommended.
  • The Library has audio-visual resources here:

Where do I get group project supplies and department letterhead?
Group projects for CPW or CSC and with individual faculty members will get their supplies from their project manager or through the faculty, who will have the supplies ordered. Supplies that require planning ahead to receive are department letterhead stationery and envelopes and other special printing jobs. Make sure you have planned at least two weeks ahead to receive letterhead, envelopes, and special printings needed before large mailings (surveys) can go out.

How do I get reimbursement for expenses I paid on my group project?
Only pre-authorized, department expenses will be reimbursed. See your project manager (CPW/CSC projects) before making any purchases.

Where can I use a photocopier or fax machine?
The Hendricks photocopier and fax machine are for faculty and staff use only. Class assignments are a personal expense and must be done elsewhere. Coin-operated, UO cash on ID, or vending card-operated photocopiers are in the basement of the student union, Knight libraries, and 24-hour copy shops are in walking distance of campus and on the bus line within 10 minutes. Internship evaluations should be handled through Julie Voelker-Morris.

How do I get driver certification for state cars and vans?
Contact our our Business Operations Manager. This is a two-week turnaround so plan ahead if you think you will need to be a driver for a field trip. Bring your drivers license.

Is Hendricks Hall open after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends?
Yes – with an issued building access code via our Business Operations Manager. You can also have 24/7 access to the PPPM Computer Lab in room 21 (also need a code to get in that door, for current registered students only).

How do I access the PPPM Computer Lab (Hendricks Hall, Room 21)?
Contact our Business Operations Manager to receive a door code each term. Access to the PPPM Computer Lab is for current registered students only. Do not share your confidential door code with others.

Can I receive personal mail/packages in the department?
No. All PPPM majors are given a mailbox only for department communications. All personal mail, magazine subscriptions, and packages must go to your residence or post office box.

Are lockers available nearby?
Yes, minimally, in the basement Room 26. You can claim whatever doesn’t have stuff in it or a lock on it. Do remember to remove your lock and belongings when you are finished with the locker or your time here, whichever comes sooner.

Are there vending machines in the building?
There is a soda vending machine at the foot of the stairs to the basement.

Is there a microwave or refrigerator in the building?
In Hendricks Hall, there is a small kitchenette with sink and microwave in the basement area near the computer lab and CPW has a refrigerator—ask permission to use the refrigerator. There is a microwave in the north area of the basement (student lounge). Feel free to use these spaces as long as you clean up after yourself, including splatters in the microwave, and help keep the space clean. Further detail on the cleanup policy is posted at the kitchen sink.

I want to ride my bike to school. Is there anything I need to know?
Register your bike before you start parking it on campus. Registration is free but required. Please use the bike racks for parking rather than trees, signposts, benches, parking meters, sidewalk railings, etc. Bikes are not allowed inside Hendricks Hall at all at any time. No exceptions are made if you forget to bring your lock. Theft is very prevalent on campus, so always lock your bike! The UO has strict rules about bicycles on campus, and citation fees. Please read the Bike Policies

I need help, but I’m not sure who to contact?
Any time there is doubt as to what to do or who to get instruction from, contact our Business Operations Manager who can direct you to the right place or person.