Check back every Tuesday for a new set of jobs and fellowship opportunities!
Check back each Tuesday for our weekly Tuesday Job Roundup for the last week’s job postings in fields pertinent to New Media and Culture members.
The postholder will be responsible to the Head of Media Design and Technology for academic coordination work for all programmes and assist in curriculum development of the undergraduate and post-graduate programmes. He/She is also responsible for teaching courses in research (PaR) studies, in addition to teaching courses in the postholder’s area of specialism.
(a) A relevant MFA degree and/or professional training/experience to an equivalent level.
(b) Significant and proven professional experience in the postholder’s area of specialism.
(c) A minimum of six years’ experience of teaching in a Performing Arts conservatoire context, preferably to Master’s level.
(d) At least four years’ of experience in media design/interactive media and the related technologies in a performing arts conservatoire context; and/or graphic, animation and visual programming in commercial applications, or in other related areas professionally.
(e) Experience in curriculum design, writing and implementation according to established quality assurance frameworks.
(f) Ability to contribute to the BFA and MFA in Theatre and Entertainment Arts programmes.
(g) A good understanding of developments of the postholder’s area of specialism within the international arena.
(h) Fluency in spoken and written English.
Additional Desirable Criteria:
(i) Experience in teaching in a multi-cultural context.
(j) Fluency in spoken and written Chinese.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
Appointments will be made on a two-year contract, with possibility of renewal, subject to mutual agreement. A gratuity payment equal up to 15% of basic salary earned during the contract period will be payable upon satisfactory completion of contract. Fringe benefits include leave, medical, and dental benefits. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Housing subsidy will be provided to the eligible appointee. The current standard rate of income tax in Hong Kong is 15%.
Interested parties should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae to:
The Human Resources Office
The Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts
No.1 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Closing date for application is 28 October 2017. Please quote the reference code on the application.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes
Link to Original Posting
John Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Reporting to the Senior Writer-Editor, the Communications Writer’s responsibilities, in addition to the duties within CUNY Title Overview, include but are not limited to:
- Write student, faculty and alumni profiles for various digital and print publications and communications
- Conduct interviews with campus and external individuals
- Write and edit stories and articles of varying lengths for diverse media platforms
- Support development and recruitment efforts with marketing copy for brochures, direct mail, and other materials
- Propose and develop digital outreach for showcasing College community voices, including blogs, podcasts, etc
- Meet all copy and project deadlines in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Maintain and monitor the College’s editorial style guidelines
- Writes and prepares written material on College issues and event and provides professional support to College communications programs
- Researches and writes items in a variety of formats for publication in print, web sites, and presentations
- Participates in planning communications projects and contributes to decisions on content and style
- May assume editorial responsibility for communications projects; reviews and edits the work of others
- May coordinate production of written materials
- Adheres to journalistic standards for fact-finding, research, verification, and style
- Bachelor’s Degree and four years’ related experience required
- Excellent research and writing skills are essential. Creative and compelling storytelling skills are also critical. Adaptive writing skills for various print and digital media platforms are also necessary
- Must have effective communication and interpersonal skills. Must have ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet all deadlines
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, web tools and apps such as WordPress, podcasting, etc. is essential.
Deadline: June 20th
To Apply: complete the online application and include the following as one document:
- cover letter
- three writing samples
- names and contact information of three professional references
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.