Master of Science, Counseling, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 1996
- Graduate Teaching Fellow – Services for Students with Disabilities
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 1994
- Departmental Honors with High Distinction, Cum Laude
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Master Practitioner
Strong Interest Inventory
Dependable Strengths Articulation Process Facilitator
National Certified Counselor
Professional Outreach and Development for Students, School of Architecture and Allied Arts, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 2012-present
- AAA 408/508: Internship and Job Search Strategies (online), 2016-present
- AAA 408/508: Resume and Cover Letter Development (online), 2015-2016
- AAA 408/508: Job Search Strategies (online), 2013-2015
- AAA 408/508: Internship Preparation, 2012-2013
- AAA 408/508: Portfolio Production and Presentation, 2013
Elective career development courses serving students from a variety of majors.
Historic Preservation and Arts and Administration Programs, School of Architecture and Allied Arts, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 2013-present
- AAAP 609: Internship I and AAAP 607: Internship II
- AAD 604: Internship I, II, and III
Course series for students enrolled in the HP and AAD master’s programs. Content focus: preparation/implementation of internship search and post-analysis/synthesis of internship learning.
Career Center, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 2000-2002 and 2011-2012; College of Business, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 2006
- CAS 407: Careers in Social Science (Co-instructor), 2012
- BUS 410: Careers in Business, 2006
- CPsy 406: Career Decisions, 2000-02
Elective courses focusing on self assessment, career exploration, resume and cover letter development, and internship/job search strategies.
- CAS 407: Career Development Internship Program, 2000 and 2011-12
Managed individual student internship experiences in local, national, and international placements.
Women’s Program, Lane Community College, Eugene, OR, 2001
- CG 207: Transitions 2
Course focusing on increasing awareness of skills, strengthening self esteem and self efficacy for at-risk women enrolled in college.
Workshop Facilitation, various colleges, 1999-present
Created and facilitated one, two, and three hour workshops delivered during classes, elective workshops, orientation sessions, student leader trainings, and student group general meetings. Topics have included:
- Assessing/understanding personality type
- Applying personality type to teamwork, leadership, and career development
- Identifying academic and career related interests
- Uncovering skills and strengths
- Résumé writing
- Cover letter writing
- Interviewing skills
- Conducting an internship/ job search
- Cultural expectations and the job search
- Choosing a major
- Identifying and applying academic improvement strategies
A&AA Professional Outreach and Development for Students – Instructor/Advisor, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 2012-present
- Meet with A&AA students to assist with identifying interests and skills, preparing search tools, and defining/implementing internship and job search strategies
Career Center – Career Counselor, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 1999-2003, 2006-2012
- Counseled students and alumni in one-on-one sessions to evaluate career and major choice, decision-making strategies, goal setting, and job search/graduate school preparation.
- Interpreted assessments and used appropriate interventions to help students identify interests, skills, values, and personality type; tools included Strong Interest Inventory, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and the Dependable Strengths Articulation Process.
- Created card sort providing a hands-on tool to assist students with major selection.
- Coordinated on-going training for counseling staff; co-created training manual and program for new counselors.
- Collaborated with academic departments and student service offices to share relevant information and evaluate/improve service delivery.
- Created art gallery for center to promote community and creativity among staff; facilitated 6 shows including collection and display of work; organized and hosted gallery openings.
College of Business Career Services – Assistant Director, Advising and Instruction, University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, 2005-2006
- Advised business students on career decision-making, job search preparation, and implementation.
- Coordinated and led career-related classroom presentations and assignments.
- Trained and supervised graduate assistants instructing and advising undergraduate students.
Counseling Department – Counselor, Brazosport College, Lake Jackson, TX, 2003-2005
- Advised students on academic and career issues for technical and transfer programs.
- Oversaw career center; assisted walk-ins and ensured updated transfer and career materials were available.
Women’s Program – Group Facilitator, Lane Community College, Eugene, OR, 1995-1996, 2000-2001
- Led weekly discussion groups for students enrolled in program focused on increasing retention and educational success for women in transition; discussions focused on life management and career planning.
Roosevelt College Office of Academic Advising – Academic Counselor, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA, 1997-1999
- Provided individual counseling in academic planning, graduation requirements, study skills, and personal support.
- Organized and facilitated transfer student orientation sessions to ensure successful transition from community colleges.
- Coordinated academic probation program which helped students identify academic and personal difficulties and develop an action plan to improve college success.
- Maintained detailed and accurate records of student contacts, petitions, and degree checks.
- Developed training manual outlining academic policies and office counseling procedures.
Counseling Department – Business Counselor, Lane Community College, Eugene, OR, 1996-1997
- Provided academic, career, and crisis counseling for students accessing center drop-in office and Business department.
- Provided brief and long-term personal counseling for individual clients.
- Assisted faculty with educating classes in areas of values, career planning, and personal growth.
- Designed and implemented initial stage of retention project for the Business programs, targeting underachieving students and connecting them with needed services to obtain educational goals.
UNIVERSITY SERVICE AND AWARDS
- School of Architecture and Allied Arts Equity and Inclusion Committee (UO), 2012-2017
- Multicultural Career Alliance (UO), 2001-2003, 2005-2012
- Bias Response Team (UO), 2009-2011
- University Counseling and Testing Advisory Board (UO), 2007-2011
- Division of Student Affairs Strategic Planning Committee (UO), 2008-2009
- Faculty Appreciation Award, Office of Multicultural and Academic Support (UO), 2008
- Team Innovation Award (Brazosport College), 2004