Week four–How might we do better?

This week we started organizing and fixing our ideas. I remembered during the first class, Ron asked us to brainstorm the questions of our proposal and then asked “How might we…”. That was a really interesting way to help us develop the solutions of the questions. We first came out the requirements that were necessary to our proposal and then asked “How might we…” to those questions. And then the results turned out to be incredible! Everyone found that their minds were expanded by that kind of HMW questions.

During the second class, Ron talked about the presentation skills, which was really useful and interesting. At the beginning of the class, we watched two TED programs. The first one was really hush and made people exhausted. However, everyone was more interested in the second one. The reason might be that the second presenter explained the information with simple words at a slow speaking speed.  As for our group presentation, I am one of the presenter. Since I included developing the public speaking skills in my leadership development plan, I decided to challenge myself in the presentation. At first, I was worried about whether I could explain our proposal clearly. However, after I watched the second TED, I did not think it was a matter for me to explain the proposal. Instead, it would be a good thing if I could explain it by using the simple words. Now I am looking forward to the presentation.

Overall, I found a great way to develop a creativity thought by asking the “How might we…” questions. Then, I know that a good presentation does not mean too much information and lots of complicated vocabularies, instead, the interesting story and simple words could built a great presentation. As for my goal of next week, I hope I can do a great job on the presentation and keep communicating with my group members.