I made no money. Can I ignore all this?

WE-AA404_GRADES_F_20121213145945I am an F-1 student who did not work in the U.S. at all last year; my parents abroad funded me completely. Do I have to file U.S. tax returns for that year? 
Although you do NOT need to file a 1040NR-EZ or the 40N, all F-1 and J-1 students and scholars and all F-2 and J-2 dependents are required to file Form 8843, even if you had no income in the U.S..
Print Friendly

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *