Become a Part of a Diverse Community

Become a Part of a Diverse Community

“As a girl who was born and raised in China, I experienced huge culture shock and loneliness, just as most new international ducks. Fortunately, I joined in the Peer Mentor Program as a mentee and got lots of help from mentors. My Mentor communicated with me and proactively introduced me  to the campus and community resources. They took me out of my comfort zone and helped me dive right into the U of O community, which I really appreciated. Now I’m a mentor and can help new students in the same way!”

-Fiona Zhai, Peer Mentor

The UO is home to 25,000 students from many different backgrounds, countries and cultures. We are proud of this diversity and welcome it. Peer Mentors come from different countries, different US states, speak different languages, and have respect for all people. Mentors are people who love learning about other people and other people’s stories. This program promotes diversity by working with international students, but also by bringing together American and international students to have fun, learn about each other, discuss important issues and make changes across campus. If you want to meet people from all over the world and be a part of a very dynamic, supportive community please join our program!