On May 7, 2018, Dr. Carmelita Lamb of the University of Mary worked with teachers in training at Turtle Mountain Community College in North Dakota. They prepared a one-day workshop for fifth graders. The fuller lesson plan will be forthcoming.
Where should I start?
- Draw the surrounding landscape.
- Give your group’s trifold board a Title.
- Label the Native American tribal encounters.
- Place your answers from the questions sheet on your presentation board.
- Add discovered animals, fun/interesting facts, or notable information about the expedition.
- Make the final touch ups.