This was a very valuable class for me this term. I thought I already knew a lot about research but this class proved me wrong. One thing I learned this term is that there are many methods that can be used in research. It is also interesting looking at methods first and literature reviews in order to pick a topic. During my undergraduate courses, I looked at topics only related to Art History. It was not until the McNair Scholars program that I realized there is research about so many other topics. This course has helped me to find a topic I really want to look into that is not just related to museums, but with education as a whole. These are the three important lessons from the course.

1.) The difference between Research Methodologies and Methods. It was easy to distinguish methods but I never realized the different methodologies used outside the Art History realm.

2.) How to illustrate my ideas on a poster more effectively. Having marketing before the poster presentation gave the class as a whole more creativity and really eye appealing posters. We did a great job.

3.) The class has really pointed me in a new direction as a research topic. Although, I am still interested in all the other topics I have came up with during the term, museum education has been really interesting to look at. I also got a lot of great feedback from a lot of people after the poster session. It really validated that this was an important matter.