Punxsutawney Phil might have predicted six more weeks of winter, but GEO certainly isn’t hibernating! In the months to come, GEO staff will be exhibiting and presenting at conferences across the U.S., and we invite you to come see us if you’ll be attending any of these events!
Feb 18-21: AIEA; Washington, D.C.
Tom Bogenschild, GEO’s Executive Director, will be attending various AIEA functions throughout the conference, but the following items may be of particular interest:
- Monday, Feb. 19, 3:30pm – Presenter, panel on “The Confluence of Legal Issues, Public Policy and Messaging for SIOs in Light of Executive Orders”
- Monday, Feb. 19, 5:00pm – Panelist, panel for “Universities’ Role in Assisting and Empowering Refugees and At-Risk Migrants”
- Tuesday, Feb. 20, 8:45am – Chair and presenter, panel on “Washington Update”
- Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2:00pm – Chair and presenter, “University Alliance for Refugees and At-Risk Migrants”
March 11-13: NACADA Region 8 Conference; Portland OR
GEO Advisor, Chin Yi Chen, will be joining Veronica Vold of the University of Oregon to present the following topic:
- Tuesday, Mar. 13, 10:45 am – “It’s Not Just in My Head: Talking about Mental Health in Cross-Cultural Situations”
March 21-23: Forum on Education Abroad; Boston, MA
Jane Thiele, GEO’s Senior Institutional Relations Representative, will be exhibiting at Forum – be sure to stop by Table #12 and say hello!
April 7-10: Diversity Abroad; Miami, FL
Kayla Grosjean, GEO’s Institution Relations Specialist, and Lisa Calevi, GEO’s Assistant Director for Institutional Relations, will be exhibiting at Diversity Abroad, so be sure to stop by the table! In addition, Lisa will be presenting with Skyller Walkes of Texas State University and Dr. Barbara Edwards of Florida Memorial University:
- Monday, Apr. 9, 10:30am – “Turn Up the Volume: Digital Storytelling of Underrepresented Students in Education Abroad”
April 13: PSU Symposium on Faculty-Led Programs; Portland, OR
Dana Elliott, Institutional Relations Representative for the West, will be exhibiting at this event, designed especially for administrators and faculty engaged in faculty-led programming.
April 19- 21: International Sports Diplomacy and Leadership Conference; Tucson, AZ
Michelle Cruz, a GEO Program Coordinator, will be presenting the following topic:
- Saturday, Apr. 21, 11:15am – “Exploring Identity and Creating Engagement through the Visual Arts Abroad”
May 27-June 1: NAFSA 2018; Philadelphia, PA
GEO is excited to announce that we will tabling at the NAFSA Partnership Fair on Tuesday, May 29, from 10:30am-1pm! Come by our table during this window to connect with us. The Fair will be held in the Expo Hall in the poster session area.
Want GEO at a local event or outreach opportunity on your campus? Please reach out to your Institutional Relations Representative, so we can get it on our calendar! See you soon!