The Oregon Folklife Network
- invests in traditional artists and empowers culture keepers to maintain, develop, and pass on their living heritage.
- creates new opportunities for folk artists to present their works to the public.
- provides a wide variety of accessible folklife programs for Oregonians.
- delivers technical assistance and professional development to organizations, Tribes, and communities interested in preserving, presenting, and promoting their cultural traditions.
- prepares the next generation of public folklorists through experiential learning and career opportunities.
Assistance and Consultations
Oregon Folklife Network staff is ready and willing to consult with you or your organization about folk and traditional arts ideas, plans, and opportunities.
Assistance can range from a simple e-mail or phone conversation, to more in-depth consulting. Reimbursement for travel (at state rates) or staff time (at $25/hour) may be requested for consultations that require substantial time; however we make every effort to keep such costs to a minimum. Contact us now to see how we can help.
For assistance with folk & traditional arts, contact:
Riki Saltzman, Executive Director
Emily West Hartlerode, Associate Director