The Phoenix Inn
850 Franklin Blvd.
Eugene, OR 97403
Phone: 1(800) 344-0131 (toll free in the US); (541) 344-0001
Things to pay attention to:
- You will share a room with an FLTA colleague at The Phoenix Inn. This hotel is located just minutes away from the orientation site, McKenzie Hall, on the University of Oregon campus. If you’re flying into the Eugene Airport, the hotel’s shuttle will bring you to the Phoenix Inn. Your room has been reserved—please contact us (and not the hotel) about lodging questions.
- Once in your room, don’t use the security bolt until both FLTAs are in the room! You are sharing a room with another FLTA. Each room has a regular secure lock, and both FLTAs will have a key card for access. Each room also has a security bolt. If you close the security bolt before your roommate is in the room, your roommate won’t be able to access the room.
- WiFi: There is free WiFi throughout the hotel. At check-in, you will be given instructions for how to activate it. While on campus, you can use UO’s guest wireless service.
- University of Oregon/IIE is paying for your hotel room (including breakfast) for 4 nights (August 18-21) only. If you decide to come earlier or stay longer, it’s at your own expense.
Incidentals are not covered by University of Oregon/IIE. Each individual FLTA is responsible for and must pay for extra charges separately. Incidentals include:
- Long distance phone calls (can cost hundreds of dollars!)
- Local phone (can be expensive)
- Room service
- Room movies
- Alcoholic beverages
For your return to the airport on August 22nd, you will need to sign up in advance at the front desk for one of the free airport shuttles from the hotel.
- We won’t be able to reimburse you for a taxi on your return, so you have to schedule with the hotel front desk. You might have to leave earlier than planned depending on shuttle availability. If you are traveling to the bus or train station, please let our staff know, and sign up for the appropriate shuttle.
You must checkout of your room before 12 pm (noon) on August 22.
- You will have to pay for any incidentals not covered by University of Oregon/IIE (see above). If your flight is not until later in the day, you can check your bags with the front desk and pick them up later. It is a good idea for both roommates to be at the checkout to divide up any incidental costs.
Attention: The Phoenix Inn is a non-smoking hotel. You may not smoke in the rooms or in the building. If you do so, you may be required to pay a fine and/or a cleaning fee!