Miles Nowack

Graduation

Spring

2021

My Site

Kidsports 

Project Portfolio Description

The agency I have been interning with is KIDSPORTS. KIDSPORTS is a local non- profit based in Eugene aiming to provide all kids with the opportunity to participate in organized sports. In addition to helping kids gain access to sports, KIDSPORTS emphasizes skill building and values cantered around being a quality teammate and individual. KIDSPORTS primarily serves kids within close proximity to their main facility, therefore my project aims to appeal to the kids living farther away with less access to affordable organized sports. I will be organizing a free Day of Play and hosting kids living in more distant, marginalized communities. My project was able to provide free access to athletic engagement for 50 kids in a lower income neighborhood and showed the community the potential for affordable events such as mine. In order to ensure my vision can continue relationships must be established among youth sports professional in the area, so they can work together to provide access for kids of all socioeconomic classes. If the desire is there, I see no reason why my project cannot be recreated.

Presentation