Journal 15

For my project at the end of the term, it is of great importance to include some sort of creative display or other types of visualization tools in order for the audience to become more involved with what I am presenting.  If I only displayed paragraphs upon paragraphs of research, procedures, or other types of information, it would just become a blob of boring “lecture talk”.  I want to be very creative and show that there is more to my project than just words.

The final results of my project will of course have my report and inspirations.  Other than that, I also plan to add in examples of works from the artist that relates to my theme or idea, along with a short background.  I would then add in my own artwork that I had worked on.  I plan to use images I used as reference and the results of my drawings in order to make a comparison between the two.  The audience would then get an idea of where I got my final image from and how I interpreted it.

I would also like to do a time lapse video in order to give an insight of the procedures, or the process, I took.  It would be a great way for the audience to get more involved and see how the final just started from a sketch to something more.  It is like other time lapse drawing videos.  One would only see a blank paper and then suddenly, get an image that he/she never thought would come out.  It is also a good way to tell how long I took on the project.  The time-lapse would take about 2 or more minutes, while in reality, it took more than 2 hours to do!  It would really amaze those watching.

My final project is going to be based off of a lot of visualization which is good since it will not be a factor too hard to incorporate.  When I presented some visualization to my classmates, they really enjoyed it, so it was a good sign for me to continue doing what I was doing.  I of course will add more later on, but I believe I am on the right track.