Journal 7

By the end of the term, I need to present a project.  This project is to mix my strong field, art, with a side I am not extremely familiar with.  Science.  I could not think, in the beginning of wanted to do as a final project.  I am not too good with coding, I was not the best in my biology or chemistry classes back in high school, and other forms of science I could not really get myself into.  I do enjoy science and I think it is a fun experience.  I mostly enjoyed labs and discovering something new that I have never seen before.  I thought about it for a bit, and I came to a project that I would find quite entertaining to do.  I chose to tie in art with the human body, or human anatomy.

I always found the human body fascinating.  In fact, psychology was one of my favorite science subjects because I was curious how the brain worked.  When I took art classes, I learned how to draw a human skeleton and I immersed myself into this project more than other ones.  I always draw human characters, eyes, mouths, hands, etc., even when I am only doodling.  I even have a poster of a skeletal system hanging on my wall as a reference (right).  It is not an easy thing to draw, but I love the challenge of it.  Human movements are also great to really get into detail with.  This is where muscle movements and how one’s body twists in certain ways causes the topic to become even more intriguing.  I am honestly getting excited while I am writing this journal just because of this one subject.  So, it is clear that I really have a deep interest about human anatomy.  Now even if I say I am interested in human anatomy, I am not really into how all the intestines or stomach works.  I am mostly interested in the basic structure that makes up the human body such as the bone structures and muscles.

Now for the actual project.  Since I really enjoy drawing human figures and faces, I decided that I would just do that.  I plan on taking pictures of different people in different poses and expressions.  Then, I would draw how their body structure would look to do a comparison of how each person is not the same even if what they are doing is.  I can also do facial expressions or, if I wanna go way further, try and draw the skull of someone just by looking at their face.  Once again, a challenging area, but I will definitely find joy in this project.

I have not done too much research on the field I am concentrating on as much.  All I know, from what I have drawn, the skeletal system of a person is incredibly complicated.  There are bones in between the main ones everyone refers to almost all the time.  As for the muscles themselves, that will be quite hard to grasp onto.  I am not familiar with muscle structures as much as the skeleton, so I might have to do more research on that part of the body just so I can understand how it works.  Once I know what muscle moves what, not too specific, but at least basics, then I can figure out how to draw the human body even more accurately in movement.

All-in-all, I really look forward to working on this project.  It will help me both in my art and science field.  I will be able to dedicate time into learning about how the human body works along with how I can draw it whenever I can.  It will definitely add to my doodles.  This is starting to get pretty exciting for me.

3 thoughts on “Journal 7

1. Great website you have here. It’s hard to find high-quality writing like yours these days. Thank you for your articles. I find them very helpful. I really appreciate people like you! Take care and have a great day ahead!!
    Karya Bintang Abadi