Latemar stood out to me the most due to the way in which I was able to make connections between all of the elements of the natural landscape. The relationship that each part of the area has with time is very fascinating. The various cycles of time are all interacting together in these mountains.

We are essentially able to walk through time by walking up the mountains and looking at the layers of rocks that get younger the farther up you go. The layers of rock and their orientations tell the geologic history of the area, as well as what has previously lived in or near the rocks with fossils.

The plants and animals demonstrate different interactions within the environment and between different cycles of time. The changing of the seasons is another cycle of time and one that greatly affects interactions between animals, humans, and the surrounding environment.

The clouds demonstrate a quicker timeframe and one that doesn’t repeat as each cloud that passes through the mountains is different. The clouds themselves are a much more temporary part of the environment and can disappear and appear quickly.

Holding all of these time frames in mind while being in the area made me feel very conscious about how I was interacting with both the environment and time. Due to this, I felt fully present in my surroundings and felt as though I took it in on a more personal and deeper level.