This was my favorite view of the museum as the sight was unforgettable. This photo displays the beauty of both the structure of the castle, but the beauty of the landscape itself.

Introduction:

Our first day in Bolzano we got the amazing opportunity to explore the Messner Mountain Museum in Firmian. To say this was a once in a life time experience is an understatement. Not only were the views of the landscape and architecture unbelievable, learning about the history of the castle in depth opened my eyes and provoked thoughtful discussions. Learning about the multiple religous connections and myths people have tied to the castle throughout history, as well as discovering how people across thousands of years have found sanctuary and identity in the castle and landscape added a layer of importance to our overall journey. 

This view from the castle allowed me to admire beyond the castle and find appreciation in the natural elements of the museum. I think sometimes people easily forget the power and grandness that is the environment and this was a good reminder of truly how remarkable nature is.

One of my favorite things about exploring the Messner Museum was learning about the history of the castle. To know how many people have walked on the grounds across thousands of years and imagining what history was like at that time.

What I loved about the Messner Museum was seeing the combination of man and nature. In this picture you see the stunning view of one of the towers its stained glass window, created by man. Then surrounding it is strong trees, bushes and landscape, the environment. Seeing how man and nature can coexist and create such beauty is very eye-opening.