The view of the farmlands

The memorial museum

Crucial gummy bear breaks with the muca

The names of past soldiers

These pictures all showcase the whole day we spent in Asiago. Sadly due to miserable weather, we were unable to hike that day. However, we were able to visit important sites. Our guide started the day by taking us to a memorial site for past soldiers. Here we could see the names of many soldiers who passed away during this war. We also learned many old stories of the individuals fighting the war. We were able to then venture to a second outdoor memorial site. This area was attractive because not only were there Italian names but as well Austrian names. I felt it was interesting to see both sides being respected in the same space. I have found that because the borders were so close, these sites had much overlap. Then we ended our day walking through old trenches. Personally, my experience of this was engaging because I am a tall person. Most of the soldiers back in the day were short. Therefore walking through these areas, everything was catered for someone shorter than me. In general, I learned a lot this day and found it to be fascinating.