J-1 students will receive a list of “Estimated Expenses” in their UO admission packet.
If you are an exchange student, UO exchange agreements may cover up between 12 and 16 credits of tuition per term for undergraduate and graduate students depending on what program you are part of. Refer to the table below for information on the 2017-18 programs. The exchange scholarship will go into your account by your second week of the term and will appear as a refund.
Exchange students are responsible for paying for credits above what the UO covers, depending on the exchange program, as well as other fees and services not covered by the exchange agreement with their home university. Need information about the various fees? Visit this website for details. Other fees not covered by the exchange program are course fees, such as trip, lab material, equipment fees. Visit the class schedule and see if a course requires these fees. Exchange students may be responsible also for penalty fees incurred after adding and dropping classes after the first week of the term. Visit the academic calendar to learn about deadlines.
If you are a sponsored student (Fulbright, DAAD, LASPAU, USAID, IREX or AMIDEAST) and receiving a UO scholarship, your account will be updated during your second week of the term.
|Program (2017-18 only)||Tuition coverage up to 13 credits||Tuition coverage up to 16 credits||Matriculation Fee coverage||Mandatory Fee coverage||International Student Fee coverage|
|UO Exchanges (Aberdeen, Akita, Australian National, Bristol*, Copenhagen Business School*, Charles, Curtin, East Anglia, Edinburgh, FEFU, Ghislieri, Hanyang, Hokkaido*, Hong Kong, Japan Women’s***, Korea, La Trobe, Leicester, Meiji, Meiji Architecture, National Taiwan, National Univ of Singapore, Oslo, Otago, Sciences Po, Senshu, Singapore Management*, Tampere, TASSEP, Tsinghua, Uppsala, UNAM, Waseda EX, WHU**)||100%||0%* Bristol CBS, Hokkaido, SMU only: tuition coverage up to 16 credits
**WHU only: tuition coverage up to 20 credits
*** JWU only: tuition over 13 credits covered by JWU
|100%||0%* Bristol and CBS only: fee coverage at 100%||100%|
|UO Special Programs Group I (Japan Women’s visiting student*, Meiji Global Studies, National Chiayi, Oslo and Akershus)||$2,083 flat
* JWU only: remainder of tuition covered by JWU
|0%||0%||0% (can apply for 100% waiver)|
|UO Special Programs Group II (JSAF, Nihon, SAF)||0%||0%||0%||0%||0% (can apply for 100% waiver)|
|IE3 Exchanges (Baden-Wurttemberg, Lyon, Poitiers)||100%||100%||100%||0%||0% (can apply for 100% waiver)|
|Waseda CS-L (Waseda)||100%||100%||100%||100%||100%|
Important electronic billing (ebill) information
You will receive a monthly email notification sent to your UO email address. The subject line will say “University of Oregon Account Billing Statement”. You will login to Duckweb using your UO ID # and PAC ID# found on your UO letter of admission to view your student account. In order to register for the following term, all past due charges and at least a minimum of the current term’s charges must be paid.
Important information about deadlines for payments
- You will have to pay penalty fees (interest and billing charges) if you pay late.
- Your email notification about payment will be sent about the 15th of each month, for example on January 15th.
- Payments are due on the first day of the following month, for example on February 1st.
- Payments are considered past due if received after the ten-day grace period, for example after February 10th.
- There are three monthly billing statements per term.
- The first electronic billing statement for fall term will be sent in September.
- The first electronic billing statement for winter term will be sent in December.
- The first electronic billing statement for spring term will be sent in March.
- Pay using Flywire. You can track your payments from start to finish, save on bank fees and exchange rates, and contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night.
- Pay by E (electronic)-payments online using the QuikPAY ® system through your Duckweb account and a U.S. bank account. QuikPAY cannot accept payments from foreign bank accounts.
- Pay with cash at the Cashier’s Office located in Oregon Hall, 1st floor.
- Pay by Mastercard, Discover or American express credit cards. The UO may accept Visa credit cards upon special request.
- Pay by “international wire transfer” from your home country. You can download an international wire transfer form and have your bank fax or email this to the UO Cashiers office. Please contact the Cashiers Office for wiring instructions either in person at the 1st floor of Oregon Hall or by emailing email@example.com.
For more information please visit the Student Accounts website.