Most Recent Film to Come from Hollywood: X-Men Days of Future Past

Summer begins the season for the action packed blockbusters, which is now among us. The most recent film that opened up in theaters this weekend was X-Men: Days of Future Past which is the 5th installment for the Marvel X-Men films, but it is the sequel to the prequel X-Men: First Class. (Confusing, I know.) So far out of all of the X-Men films, I would consider it the best one out of the previous five. I highly recommend that people go see this especially if you are a fan of superhero films. It follows the typical Hollywood blockbuster model by using A-list actors, visual effects, a lot of action scenes, as well as saturation booking and a lot of advertising. The film also presents a darker, more serious tone than the previous X-Men film, which makes it stand out from the others because it allows the audience to connect with the characters on a deeper level than in the other more fun-filled X-Men films. Days of Future Past still has the light-hearted humor to keep the film fun.
One thing that stood out to me, as far as form goes, was the cinematography of the film. Action films are known for their fast pacing and quick edits, but the cinematography seemed to have accelerated the momentum of the film. The camera was constantly moving. The camera was always panning in one direction or another, zooming in or out, and would change views and angles quite frequently. The audience is already trying to keep up with the action sequences and the quick shots, but then they have to keep up with camera and where it is guiding their view next. Even during the scenes where two people are talking, the camera would pan slightly to the right to move the person slightly to the right of the screen, then cut to the second person in the conversation and would do the same thing. One scene I remember in particular was in the beginning when it takes places in the dystopian future. The camera is trying to display the desolate world that the humans and mutants are a part of now by focusing on the rubble in a destroyed city. The camera slowly plans, but it pans in two different directions in one shot. The camera pans in what can be described as a backwards ‘L’ shape: it slowly goes from top to bottom, but only by a few degrees then pans right to left while focusing on someone’s feet and following them as they walk across the rubble. This shot stood out to me because it is not very often that the camera moves in different directions in one shot, but it is only an example of how the camera moved and kept moving throughout the film to enhanced the action scenes and added motion to the scenes without action. The cinematography kept the audience (at least me) engaged and alert throughout the film.
In X-Men: Days of Future Past, develops the characters that have been in the films since the beginning even more as well as the new group of characters from the first prequel. More is at stake for the lives of mutants in this film. I definitely recommend that people go to find out.

20 thoughts on “Most Recent Film to Come from Hollywood: X-Men Days of Future Past

1. I completely agree, I just saw it yesterday and was thoroughly entertained. I recently saw Godzilla and was very disappointed. It seems movies these days take a large amount of money to promote their movie with the postal service, fast food joints, and other establish to “Hype” up a shitty movie. It’s a shame a movie can’t just speak for itself.

2. You definitely convinced me to give it a chance. Ever since X-Men Origins, I have been very hesitant to give the X-Men movies a shot in the theaters. However, the Michael Bay camera styles are not my cup of tea, so I will just have to brace myself.

3. I liked your commentary on the camera movements of the film. I have seen the movie, but to be honest I didn’t pay much attention to what the camera was doing. It would be interesting to talk about perhaps why these types of shots were used, and how they contribute to the telling of the story on top of their ability to keep the audience engaged. I think another interesting aspect to consider, since this is a franchise of films, is what made this film better (in your opinion) than previous films. Where did it succeed where others did not? What did it have that previous installments didn’t have? Perhaps answers for another day, but still interesting to consider.

4. I haven’t gone to see this movie yet, as I wasn’t sure I wanted to. I thought the preview made the movie seem off to me. Something about it made me feel like the movie would be bad. After reading your review I think I’ll go watch it this weekend. I am a big fan of superhero movies and this sounds like if nothing else it will be entertaining.

5. I haven’t gone to see this yet, but I have been looking forward to it for a while. After your review, I definitely need to go see it. I loved the other movies and I am glad that this one will not disappoint.

6. Very great post.
    I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have truly loved browsing your blog posts.
    In any case I will be subscribing on your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    Feel free to visit my website ✅

온라인 카지노 게임
    스포츠 토토 일정
    토토 라이브 스코어
    온라인 카지노 사이트
    안전 카지노 사이트
    https://www.j9korea.com

7. Your blog is a treasure trove of inspiration and knowledge! The depth of your insights and the clarity of your writing are truly remarkable. Can’t wait to read more and learn from your expertise. Keep up the fantastic work! 📚🤓 #BlogLove #Inspiration Also Read My blog “What is Aquamarine Jewelry and Facts

8. Come on, play on our site, on our site there are lots of bonuses and various kinds of prizes on our site.
    I invite all of you to join our site so that you can all experience the excitement and fun of playing on our site. Come on, hurry up and register, what are you waiting for, the best site in the world is only at https://cammewah.com/