4th Week: LET’S GOOO0o0ooo0o0o

I’m happy to report I am making friends! I’ve been so busy with homework, taking care of myself, talking to Robbie, my mom, etc. I was having trouble finding the time to go hang out with new people! It’s nice to have another girl to hang out with other than my roommate, who I absolutely ADORE, but our friendship was automatic since we live together. This is my friend Leah Jacobs, she’s also in the FIG. We are wearing pink shirts in this picture because we were going to a “pink-out” volleyball game. October is breast cancer awareness month so we show support by wearing the color pink! Additionally, I just want to say that the girls won the volleyball game! It was really exciting. I want to go to another one soon!

FRIDAY! October 18th, 2013. Taylor and I decided to go out again. All the Greek life here on campus is still on probation (5-8 freshmen girls got alcohol poisoning and parties are on hold) so all the parties we went to this weekend were just house parties. Nothing too exciting happened, except some drama between Taylor and a hall mate Brent. He offended her pretty badly, so I had to scream at him. If you make my roommate cry, you WILL feel the wrath of Drew. When it comes to girl friends, I’m very protective. Girls are sensitive, and need support!<3

So, this picture requires some explaining. I went to my friend Jaden’s house again, the only other girl from my high school who goes to the UO. I ended up actually spending the night there this weekend and I have plans to do the same next weekend! This is a picture of her little sister Bella who is 8. As I know from personal experience, little sisters LOVE to bother their older sisters. So naturally, Bella would barge into Jaden’s room every… hmm ten minutes or so! One of the times, she decided to hide behind the curtains and just stick out her face, which I thought was hilarious. So I took a picture! (While Jaden was running upstairs to tell on Bella to her mom!) HA! I love Bella 🙂

Tuesday October 22, 2013. I finished my first mid term today for my macroeconomics class! I feel really uncomfortable in that class in general. Macro econ is a sequence course which follows after micro econ, which I haven’t taken yet! The micro class was full when I was registering for classes, and my counselor said it wasn’t necessary to take micro first. But coming into the class, having taken micro first would have been really helpful. I’m probably the only freshman in this 300 person lecture, since I chose to take macro first. BUT I studied really hard for this test so I feel great about it. (That’s why I took this happy selfie). I feel like a great load has been taken off my shoulders. Next week: two more finals, LET’S GOOOOOO!

In honor of Halloween approaching, I thought that I would post this photo of a spider web that I saw walking to my first class this morning. (October 24th, 2013) The spiders here are unreal to me. They surround the windows outside of my building, which is odd to me since I’m on the seventh floor. They are always so active here, whenever I see a spider, it is always working on its web. It FREAKS ME OUT! Spiders are one of my biggest fears. Back home, the spiders are way bigger and hairier, which you would THINK I would be more scared of. But the spiders back in Clovis are seemingly more idle. They aren’t always making webs or in my face when I look out the window. The spiders in Clovis hide in little nooks and crannies outside and, for the most part, go unnoticed. Sooooo Thanks Eugene; thanks for having super active scary spiders everywhere. It’s realllyyyyyy helping me feel comfortable and well adjusted. NOT!

Stupid scary spiders.