3rd Week: I’m in it

Friday October 11, 2013. This picture shows all of Taylor and my friends from Riley, the dorm right next door. Riley is the only other dorm off campus so Taylor and I spend a lot of time there. As you may have noticed, this picture shows me in the front, taylor on the left-middle, and all the rest are boys. (Alex, John, Nico, Brandon, Danny, Adam, Troy, Cooper, and I don’t remember the last..) This is what we call our “crew.” Taylor and I usually go out with these boys to parties on the weekends. They sure know how to have a good time! They always make me feel better 🙂

This is a picture of our door decorated on Saturday October 12, 2013 BEFORE our RA made us take our penis-shaped name tags off. He said they were “inappropriate,” which I don’t necessarily understand. Our friends in Riley have penises on their doors. I don’t see why our RA is so disturbed by penis-shaped name tags. I took a good five minutes making those nicely shaped name tags. At least Taylor and I got a picture with the door before the “inappropriate parts” had to be taken down. We still kept them, they are just inside our room now! HA

This is a picture of my dog Max. She’s a girl with a boy name, like me. I decided to include a picture of her this week since I’ve been missing her so much lately. I actually have 6 dogs back at home (Max, Cubby, Tyson, Riley, Drake, and Tramp) but Max is MY dog. Halloween is getting closer so my mom put her Halloween costume on early to make sure it still fits! She is a little butterfly 🙂 I miss her so much, it’s slightly odd. I’ll see a dog around campus or something and go crazy; I’ll have to go and pet it. And as soon as I do, I walk away with an empty feeling. I spent every day hanging out with my dog over the summer. I just hope she remembers me when I go home.

October 14th, 2013. Today is an uneventful Monday so I decided to take a selfie walking home. This picture reminds me of fall in general. The leaves are changing color here and it’s already as cold as it is in the middle of winter back home. I’m not used to wearing so many layers of clothes! For my birthday, that happens to be coming up in November, I’m asking for more sweaters. I definitely was not properly prepared. Someone informed me last week that this winter is going to be extremely cold, and that it WILL snow a lot. Last time it snowed in Clovis, I was in elementary school and by the time I ran outside it had stopped.This will definitely be a new experience for me. Hopefully I can make it through okay. It was 46 degrees outside today at noon, yikes!

Today: Wednesday October 6th, 2013 Robbie had roses sent to my dorm. He had Taylor in on it with him and helping him out. This is actually the first time he’s ever slightly surprised me. He is really bad at surprising me usually, because I know when he is lying. He is a terrible liar ha! But it was easier for him to get away with a surprise since I wasn’t actually with him. He is better at lying from 650 miles away! I miss him so much. I bought Robbie a train ticket so that he could come visit me. He will be here next friday after my last class and I can’t wait to see him!

This weekend is the second home game since we’ve been in school. It’s also homecoming/ parent’s weekend. This has been a long week and will an even longer weekend!