1st Week: Move In!

September 26th, 2013

This week was move in week! I’m from Clovis, CA and made the 11 car trek all the way up here with my mom and my best friend Rachael Pyle. We’ve been friends since the summer before our freshmen year in high school. She’s an extremely colorful person, pun not intended by the color of her hair. I will miss her here more than anything, especially since I know she would love to live here as much as I would. Hopefully I can convince her to come visit soon!

We had our first home game after move-in day on September 28th, 2013. Since I’m from California, I’m not exactly used to all the rain. However, I’ve never seen rain like I did this weekend. I cannot reiterate how appreciative I am that I didn’t get tickets. The rain came down, not in sheets, but what looked like a whole ocean falling from the sky. Unfortunately, everyone else I know here so far went to the game. I got to help dry people off and assist in some laundry. Of course my roommate got sick immediately after!

I wanted to make sure to include a picture of my two closest friends here so far. My roommate is on the left and her name is Taylor Rios. She’s also a freshman and happens to live in Cali as well! I couldn’t have been more nervous about having a horrible roommate. You hear all those horror stories about your roommate being a psychopath or evil, or just unbearable. Honestly, I couldn’t have gotten any luckier. We both had loads in common and we are practically attached at the hip. The guy in the middle is TJ. LaGrow I met TJ at freshmen orientation and we’ve stayed close since!

This is my boyfriend Robbie Domm. He lives back in Clovis, CA still.  In this picture, we are “Face Timing.” I like face timing so much more than talking on the phone. It makes me feel like he’s still here with me. Next year, he’s planning on transferring to a community college here in Eugene. In fact, Taylor has a boyfriend back home in California too and now he is considering moving up too! Taylor and I have already started looking into housing already for next year. It’s definitely way too early to be looking into housing, but I’m just so excited and I can’t help it.

This is a photo of my dad and me from THIS week! My parents already came to visit me, October 4th, 2013. My dad has always been extremely active and they came up to Oregon so that my dad could run his 15th marathon this weekend. My mom and dad both treated me to dinner in a restaurant right next to the train station. It was my first meal that didn’t come from the dining halls! I was quite excited, I took advantage of the opportunity and ordered lobster! I probably won’t be eating lobster again for awhile; oh the college life!