3 Words of Remembrance

Describe myself in three words. Sum up my entire life, my entire soul, my entire being. In. Just. Three. Words. The idea of this task was such a difficult one for me to grasp until we did the exercise. The idea of the exercise was one of some serious self-actualization and took some deep thought, all within a given 30 minutes of time. There are some who spend their whole lives trying to figure out who they are and how they want the world to remember them, but I only had three 10 minute sessions to come up with a word that I felt described the way I think, the way I work, and the way I lead. It was most helpful to get guidance from my fellow leaders who have seen me work, who have watched me think, and who have witnessed me lead. I then compared them to what I thought wanted to be the attributes I spoke to employers one day, and I found that what I ultimately wanted to strive for wasn’t my reality. It was a sincere wake up call. I want that wake up call to resonate throughout the rest of my career here at the U of O. I will show and make others notice how

I think creatively…

I work flawlessly…

I lead confidently…

And that’s what I will be remembered for.

love,

Dan

dgardner@uoregon.edu