Life Values Assessment

Screen Shot 2014-04-13 at 9.12.47 AM

Of the activities that I have done today, I can see a somewhat connection between that and my “most important life values”.  Today, all that I have done is homework. I am putting all family, friends, enjoyment, etc., aside to get my homework done.  I do not see how doing homework directly reflects my top values, but I can see where it may indirectly reflect them.  One could argue that by finishing these homework assignments, I am internally thinking about my life values of security, wealth, and enjoyment for the future. One can also argue that my family value can have an influence on whether I decide to do homework or not because they taught me that it was bad not to do well in school.

Of my life goals, there are some that I have not pursued yet. These goals include raising a family of my own, and having a career that can support my family and that I enjoy. First of all, what stands in my way of having a family of my own is that I have not found that significant other to call my wife yet. I also do not have a job yet so I have not been able to accumulate much wealth or financial security. I know that when all things fall into place, I can pursue these life goals and hopefully create/achieve new ones.

Published by

dexterh@uoregon.edu

Senior at the University of Oregon expected to graduate with an Economics Degree in Spring 2014.