Contact and Location
185 Lawrence Hall, Studio Shop
Tom Coates, Shop Supervisor
541-346-3767 | firstname.lastname@example.org
See Studio Shop hours.
Lasers are available to currently registered College of Design students for studio and class relevant projects. Click the button below to schedule your cut time. New to the lasers; check out the template files, and video links below.
- You are either new to the system
- Have missed an appointment
- Or have failed to log on to start your appointment
Contact Shop Tech email@example.com if you are having trouble scheduling.
UNIVERSAL VersaLASER VLS 6.60 ‐ 32”x18” work table.
VersaLaser template files with instructions
- Adobe Illustrator CS3 – CS6
- AutoCAD 2013 and 2010
- Rhino5 and Rhino 4.0
- VersaLaser Print Instructions
Avoid “SketchUp” there are unresolved issues at this time, including multiple hidden lines.
If using Adobe Illustrator:
- Avoid paint brush tools.
- Artboards must be landscape oriented if larger than 18″ x 18″.
- Multiple artboards in one file are O.K. and more efficient.
- Use the custom swatch palette on the template file for pure “255” colors or go to swatch library and load “BASIC RGB.”
- Think Black Red Green Blue for etch and cut order.
- If there are many small pieces that you intend to keep, create tabs (bridges) to hold them in place.
- Lift out cut material as one piece and X-ACTO knife objects as needed.
- Laser will not recognize dashed line, or pattern fills, must use line segments.
If using AutoCAD (current shop version 2017) save backwards if using newer version.
- Command:OVERKILL may eliminate overlapping or duplicate lines.
- Scale can be set in plot dialogue.
- Registered users can sign up online for a one hour session at http://aaalaser.uoregon.edu.
- Your user name may only occupy one time block. You may schedule additional time immediately after your started appointment.
- Lasers use should be limited to class or studio assigned projects.
- Do not attempt to set up a small business in the laser shop.
- Come into the shop before your scheduled cut time.
- You do not want to waste valuable laser time preparing, or repairing your files.
- The laser tech is available to assist with this process.
- You may take advantage of any cut time left over from the previous hour, but you must be prepared to vacate the machine at the end of your hour.
- Please cancel, or reschedule your appointment, if necessary, as soon as possible.
- APPOINTMENT MUST BE MARKED AS STARTED DURING SCHEDULED HOUR. Failure to do so will automatically disable your user name.
AT THE BEGINNING OF AND DURING SCHEDULED HOUR ONLY
– LOG ON TO LASER SCHEDULER
– CLICK START MY CURRENT APPOINTMENT
– CHECK CONFIRM